Personal Style Blogger - Fashion Blogger - Photography Blogger - Thrift Blogger - Atlanta Style Fashion Blogger

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I Ponder of Something Great







crop top - Forever 21 // sweats - Marshalls 

I'm feeling very incoherent today since I have a cold, so time to ramble!

I remember when I started blogging and I wanted to do everything to hide my stretchmarks, even before and outside of blogging I was always wearing something to cover them. Now I just don't care. People still stare, mainly guys, and they'll make comments (usually behind my back but I'm a detective, so) about how skinny girls (?) aren't supposed to have stretch marks (???) and I'll just be like...thanks for your wrong and ignorant opinion about my body that I did not ask for.  It's just weird how women's bodies are treated in this society. We are literally not allowed to have any flaws (whatever that is), and if we cover them up, we're insecure and ugly like??? These rules are hecka wack and I'm getting more towards the point where I wouldn't mind living on a whole planet ruled by women because this patriarchy thing just ain't working for me. However, since John Boyega's here I'll have to stay on earth for now. 

But anyway this outfit is so chill like...I don't think it's even post worthy, but look at me, posting it anyway. I always wear a version of  it when I go to class; a crop top and sweats or jeans or something. Literally thinking about how hot it gets makes me not want to have any sense of fashion at all, so the result usually ends up like this. I actually like it, especially because pink! But my brother said I looked like Dora the Explorer and he isn't wrong...


5 comments:

  1. Girl, I've had the same feeling. We get so much shit for every single thing we do, it gets so annoying sometimes, but that's why we gotta fight it! We have to show everyone that we are strong and wonderful in every way possible. Also, I wear the same outfit just with a different shirt, too, hahaha. It's not worth getting all dressed up when I have work later on (sad face). I need a pair of sweats like these, they seem very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this photo series, you look stunning! <3
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way, about the pressure to "look perfect" or to be dynamic or whatever but like you said, look at you posting this outfit anyway :) . && you always always look effortlessly chic so pshhh <3. Love to ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thank you love!! you always slay when you're yourself lol just remember that <3

      Delete
  4. unpleasant is the perfect word lol, thank youuu! xx

    ReplyDelete